Jeff Morris Limited can supply high-quality manual valves fitted with actuated valves from world-leading automation technology and process control experts. In this blog, we explore what a limit switch box is used for and talk you through some of our most popular products from the Flowserve Range.
For many years, Jeff Morris Limited have provided our customers with flexibility and interchangeability features to their control and instrumentation products for the chemical, pharmaceutical, food and beverage, power, oil and gas, wastewater, and damper industries. One of our particular specialities lies in cutting edge limit switches, which is why we at Jeff Morris Limited readily recommend Flowserve Flow Controls wide variety and innovative range of products.
X Series Switchbox
The Flowserve Automax X Series UltraSwitch™ is a globally certified explosion-proof/flame-proof position indicator. The X Series features Quick-Set ™ cams for easy, tool-free adjustment of sensing position. The UltraDome™ visual indicator provides for clear position viewing, while a lower assembly profile can be achieved with a flat-top enclosure. Many switch options can be installed to meet specific application needs. Each integral switch is pre-wired to a multi-point terminal block. A minimum of two spare terminals are provided for external accessories to eliminate costly junction boxes. The enclosure includes two2 x M25 x 1,5. conduit entries for easy wiring access.
Features and Benefits
- Ease of use provided by UltraDome™ visual indicator, which provides a wide-angle view of the valve position, and Quick-Set™ cams, which offer easy, tool free adjustment of sensing position.
- Long service life provided by durable die cast aluminium housing with dichromate undercoat and electrostatic powder topcoat for corrosion resistance.
- CSA/ATEX-approved for hazardous locations.
- Application versatility owing to a watertight position indicator and multiple mounting options for any rack and pinion, Scotch yoke or other rotary actuator.
- Position transmitter available.
- 3-way dribble control available.
- ATEX, IEC, CSA, INMETRO, KOSHA, GOST, SIL
- Features IIB+H2 /Gr C, SIL, IP66/67, Nema 4 X
WS/WM Series Switchbox
The Flowserve WS/WM series switchbox is a simple switchbox with many features. The WS/WM Series UltraSwitch™ provides cost efficient, accurate and reliable position signalling. The compact enclosure is offered in aluminium or corrosion resistant engineered resin and is provided with multiple switch options.
The range covers domed and flat indicators as well as covers without indicator for a lower profile. The WS/WM is designed to be directly and easily mounted onto actuators for both rotary and linear indication.
The WS/WM switch box is designed to meet IP66/67 and NEMA Type 4X standards and is offered both for Intrinsically Safe and Non-Incendive compact switch box for chemical, petrochemical, food and beverage, municipal, wastewater and pharmaceutical applications. Meets requirements for ATEX and cCSAus hazardous locations and has a compact, cost efficient design.
Features and Benefits
- Easy installation ensured by compact housing with multiple mounting possibilities and up to four conduit entries with pre-wired switches.
- Configuration flexibility due to range of domed and flat indicators plus low profile units without indicators.
- Ingress protection ensured by design that meets IP66/67 and NEMA Type 4X standards.
- Choice of aluminium or corrosion-resistant resin enclosures
- Atex ia, cCSAus IS & NI, IP66
- AS-i and DeviceNet communication available.
The Flowserve F5 switch box is a feedback system offering the ability to add switches (mechanical or proximity), a potentiometer or a 4-20 mA transmitter to the PMV P5/EP5 analog positioners. Intrinsically safe and explosion-proof enclosure versions available.
Features and Benefits
- Wide range of limit switches and 4-20 mA feedback.
- Reliable operation provided by a compact and sturdy design with vibration resistance.
- Optimal performance resulting from a cam and spindle that are not splined to achieve 100 percent resolution, which can be critical when used on control valves.
- Application versatility owning to a wide range of limit switches and modular standard or explosion-proof housings that need no special mounting pieces.
- Flat or dome indicator available.
Trust Jeff Morris Limited for All your Valves and Actuation and Switchbox Requirments
As one of the most reliable distributors, we’re ready to supply you with the equipment you need from leading manufacturers. In addition, thanks to our outstanding expertise and customer care, the technical support that comes with all our products is unbeatable. Contact us now for product descriptions, selection guidance and more.
Tel: +44 (0)116 2464 748, Sales: Sales@jeffmorrislimited.co.uk